This programme is designed to cater to the increasing opportunities and challenges in logistics and supply chain management of modern businesses. The programme focuses on elements of procurement, inventory, logistics management, as well as in-bound and out-bound supply chain. It also focuses on the operational and strategic issues in global supply chain management.
The following are examples of career possibilities that students can expect upon graduation.
- Manufacturing and services companies
- Multinational distribution centres
- Trading companies
- Courier service companies
- Forwarder / Shipping / Airlines companies
- Logistics service providers
- Port authorities
- Armed forces
- Transportation agencies
Candidates with the following criteria will be eligible to be considered for admission into the undergraduate programme:
- REGULAR ENTRY
Candidates must possess a minimum of:
- Grade C (SGP 2.0) in at least two (2) subjects / two (2) Principals in STPM / HSC / A-Level; or
- Five (5) grade Bs in UEC Senior Middle III; or
- Other equivalent qualifications recognised by the Malaysian Government.
- Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning (APEL)
Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning (APEL) provides an opportunity for individuals with working experience but lack of formal academic qualifications to pursue their tertiary studies. APEL involves the identification, documentation and assessment of prior experiential learning to determine the extent to which an individual has achieved the desired learning outcomes, for access to a programme of study.
Applicants should comply with the following admission criteria stipulated by the Ministry of Higher Education (MoE) and Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA):
- The candidate should be at least 21 years of age in the year of application and possess relevant work experience.
You have the flexibility to choose the optimum number of credits to enroll each semester to suit your personal, work and study commitments. A student must complete at least 121 or 123 credit hours and obtain a minimum CGPA of 2.0 to be eligible for graduation.
Learning resources include a variety of specially designed open learning study materials in both print and audio-visual formats, as well as access to online interactive and web-based communications. Libraries and other administrative support are also available at the Regional or Learning Centers.
Application forms can be obtained from the Regional Centres or downloaded from wou.edu.my
. The duly completed forms must be returned to the respective Regional Centers or posted to the Wawasan Open University Main Campus.